Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A humble & heartfelt Thank You!


WOW! So many comments, you have no idea how touching it is to see all your kind words and well wishes -   I sincerely thank each and everyone of you!

I have returned from the hospital in one piece. Well almost... It was one of the toughest ordeals I have had to go through, mentally and physically very draining.
One of the tests I took is called Lumbar Puncture (to diagnose brain and spinal cord disorders), and  unfortunately for some, (me included), the effect of taking fluid from your spine means you can get a severe headache for nearly 2 weeks afterwards That is exactly what I am experiencing now and the only way to get through this is by laying down, barely able to raise my head or it feels like it's exploding :-(
As you can imagine with a very active 3 year old at home, this is not the easiest of tasks. Therefore my Mum has flown in from Sweden, like a modern day Florence Nightingale  to help out. My gratitude to her is endless as she is cooking, cleaning, dropping Sean off and picking him up at nursery, grocery shopping and last but not least practising one of her many skills, reflexology, on me.

 The good news is that we have eliminated many illnesses including MS and other serious neurological disorders. 
We are still waiting for more test results to come back, but as of right now, my doctor has narrowed my symptoms down to a muscle disorder which we are trying to cure with different medicine, and my cocktail of drugs each night contains of nearly 15 pills. However, I don't mind taking meds as long as I never have to be separated from my family again!

Here are a few things I've learnt as an in patient at the hospital:

 - Basic health is something most of us take for granted - we should never do so!!

- Nothing can replace the love and support of family and friends

- Humour is the best medicine

 - Last but not least; whenever you feel that your life is not good - remember there are so many worse        off

Our Doctors and nurses are doing a fantastic job in difficult circumstances and often long hours (my thanks to the wonderful team at the National Hospital of Neurology)

This large scanner (MRI) used magnetic fields and radio waves to produce a very detailed image of the inside of my body, incl my spine, neck and brain

No comments:

Post a Comment